Monday, September 14, 2009

Ladies' Night Out & Tetsujino Concert @ Hard Rock

Every weekend, there is something happening on island. There is no shortage of activities to do on Saipan!

On Saturday evening, Saipan Community Church had its quarterly Ladies Night Out at Pierre's restaurant. SCC regularly organizes the LNO's and invites women of faith from other churches and congregations to enjoy an evening of fun, food and fellowship.

The theme was "Identity in Christ" and Sandy, Terri and Emily danced to "My Guy"...
Approximately 50 ladies attended.

Tami Winkfield was the honored Guest Speaker for the evening. She was asked in May, before Audra's death and her testimony was so honest. Her identity is in Christ, and not in this world. She said, "We are Christ's children" and our purpose in life is to glorify God. I remember Tami as an 18 yr at the South Pacific Games in 2004. We shared the same classroom (sleeping area) in the University of Suva's campus and I distinctly remember her reading her bible each night while all of the other girls went out for the night. She is now a lovely young woman, who teaches 5th grade at Saipan Community School. Her students are lucky to have such a wonderful role model! She's now 24 and is more mature than most 42 yr. olds! Wow...
After her presentation, she and Jackie sang, "Who Am I", a beautiful song from the Casting Crowns.
"Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth Would care to know my name Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the Bright and Morning Star Would choose to light the way For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am But because of what You've done Not because of what I've done But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading Here today and gone tomorrow A wave tossed in the ocean Vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling Lord, You catch me when I'm falling And You've told me who I am I am Yours, I am Yours
Who am I, that the eyes that see my sin Would look on me with love and watch me rise again Who am I, that the voice that calmed the sea Would call out through the rain And calm the storm in me
Not because of who I am But because of what You've done Not because of what I've done But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading Here today and gone tomorrow A wave tossed in the ocean Vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling Lord, You catch me when I'm falling And You've told me who I am I am Yours
Not because of who I am But because of what You've done Not because of what I've done But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading Here today and gone tomorrow A wave tossed in the ocean Vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling Lord, You catch me when I'm falling And You've told me who I am I am Yours I am Yours
Whom shall I fear Whom shall I fear 'Cause I am Yours I am Yours"
Tami with her mentors: her Mom, Jan and Auntie Debbie
Thank you to everyone who helped organize another fantastic LNO!

On Sunday, we stopped by for a Birthday Brunch for Blake's 6th Birthday! He had a life saber cake. Very cool!!!
On Sunday night, we went to see a live concert at the Hard Rock Cafe! Tetsujino Live is comprised of two bass guitarists, Tetsuo Sakurai and Kenji "Jino" Hino. They rocked the crowd!
Thank you, Yosh & Nikki for the VIP Invite!
We had a great time!





















No comments: