Monday, January 4, 2010

Skiing Annupuri, Niseko Village, Hanazono & Hirafu

This morning, I took Russ' all-mountain pass and decided to ski all four mountains in one morning. The top of Annupuri was a white blur and I couldn't see anything in front of me, but once I got to the mid-hill portion, visibility was good. I made it down to the Annupuri gondola station and then took it up to the Magic Carpet ride.
From there, I descended down to the bottom of Niseko Village and took the gondola up to the King 4.
Up at the top of King 4, it was eerie. I couldn't see anyone and the slope was marked "For Expert Skiers only" but I made it down to the top of Hanazono 3 and skied down to the bottom of Hanazono.
From Hanazono, I went down to Hirafu just past the King Bell...
...and down to the Alpen back to the Ace Family.
It took me about 4 hours with some stops and my legs were aching by the end. Tomorrow is another day. Tiny Nuts & Yoda have also arrived so we're looking forward to spending time with them starting tonight.

1 comment:

Sean said...

How do you manage to bring the camera with you on the ski runs, Kanae? Amazing!