Tuesday, September 20, 2011

3 weeks later

It's been a little over three weeks since the surgery and I'm improving daily. At home, I take off the brace and walk around without it and it feels OK. I'm trying to walk normally, not peg-legged and that is sometimes challanging. Who knew that walking could be so hard? Well, I guess infants do when they start. For adults, it can become frustrating, but I'm doing me exercises daily to strengthen my leg. In three weeks, there's been a noticeable amount of atrophy in my left thigh.

It may be a long journey...6 months but I'm OK with it. Being temporarily "disabled" has certainly humbled me. People stare, ask what happened and they also open doors and offer to carry things.

I'm happy that the surgery went well and that I can see my progress while it may be just "baby steps".

No comments: