Monday, March 12, 2012

XTERRA trail bike ride

 On Saturday afternoon, we went on a bike ride with Tim & Tina. This was my first real trail ride since the knee surgery and I did OK. I walked all areas that were a bit too tough, but managed to go up the hills. Those weekly  spin classes are helping. We first went down wireless trail and down to Jeffrey's beach before we rode toward Egigi and Hochiminh. Russ took Tim & Tina to the WWII Japanese field hospital, which they had never seen before.

 This farmland is in the area where we call "Hochiminh" as it resembles a different country with nicely developed farmland and a Chinese farmer toiling the soil.
 There, they grow bitter melon, corn, lettuce, peppers and various other vegetables. At the Sabalu market on Saturday morning, you can see an increasing number of farmers selling their crops to the public.
 Although I won't be doing XTERRA this year, I look forward to watching the pros on 3/24.

No comments: