Thursday, June 14, 2012

Thank you, PIC!

There's a saying that all good things come to an end. One of the great things in my life over the past 22 years has been my adventurous PIC career, having worked in Guam, Phuket and Saipan and last Friday was my final day. As I reflect back, I cherish all the memories from Clubmating in Guam and Phuket, dancing in the nightly shows at the Aba Daba and Sabai Dee discos as well as Charley's in Saipan and then transitioning to work in Sales & Marketing. The best part of working at PIC was the people. I have made numerous lifelong friends and many of us still keep in touch. Most importantly, I met Russ in Guam during my first week at PIC.
Midori san and Yooja san (former PIC Saipan and Japan staff), surprised me with a gorgeous bouquet of roses on Friday.
They are in my crystal vase sitting on my dining room table now.
 My wonderful team celebrated my farewell with a nice lunch at the Restaurant 360. Heejung coordinated the special photo album, filled with photos of each staff. I want to thank you all for making my last day memorable.
Later at Seaside Grill, PIC management organized a farewell cocktail party. The mood was definitely somber but I was touched by my co-worker's words of thanks, praise and encouragement. Angela presented me with two gifts: one was a personalized bottle of wine, with an inscription on the back which reads, "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." by Ralph Waldo Emerson.

My second gift was a plaque of recognition for my time at PIC Saipan. I was there for two decades!! Wow, that's a long time!

And finally, Ben Ferguson, the Executive Director at PIC Guam, flew over that evening to surprise me with his this signed photo frame of PIC Guam. I was really touched by his presence as we have known each other since 1990 when he was the Asst. Controller.
I have PIC to thank for my rich and blessed life in Saipan. What a remarkable journey!

No comments: