Friday, December 14, 2012

Christmas is in the Air!

 These last two weeks, I started decorating our home for Christmas to be more festive.
 I received these glass ornaments as a gift and decided to arrange them on top of pine cones and flanked with poinsettias.
 On Monday, I was inspired to bake something new!  That night, we celebrated Jay Santos' birthday during our Steps night and the peppermint kiss cupcakes were a hit! I'll have to make them again.
 Downstairs, I decorated a small tree with the Marshallese woven ornaments.  This is the first year we've been able to decorate since Harley moved in as she's finally now able to handle it without tearing everything apart. Last year, she ruined the stairwell garland and the lights.
 On our side room door, I hung the "Merry Christmas" sign which clunks when the wind blows.
 On our front door, I hung a wreath with a cute snowman.
 On Tuesday, I made peppermint chocolate fudge and brought it over as dessert for the Pangelinan's. 
It was rich, minty and yummy.
 On Wednesday, I went to the container sale and bought a 4.5 foot pre-lit tree on a whim and spent the afternoon learning how to make a tree top bow.  I also learned how to make bows for the tree and for gifts as well as stream the ribbon around the tree.  
Lastly, I hung our stockings on the windowsill for Santa.
Christmas in the tropics is what we make it and this year, we chose to decorate Christ for the masses at our home.  We hope that all of our families and friends have a wonderful Christmas this year!

No comments: