Saturday, March 19, 2016

One Week Post Surgery

What a differene a week makes. It's been a week since I had the surgery and although I usually awake with some pain in my leg, I'm able to flex my leg to 120 degrees, the highest setting on the CPM machine. I was determined to hit the maximum limit on Thursday and Friday so that I could return it to the orthopedic rental company on Saturday.

This morning, I accompanied Mama to Home Depot so that we can make some laundry detergent and facial soap tomorrow as a DIY project. 

I spent 2.5 hours in the morning in the CPM machine and I'll do another 2 this evening.  I changed my meds today and opted NOT to take my Norco pain killer after lunch. I will now only take the aspiring 325 mg & Norco twice daily and the arnica tablets 3 times daily  to help with the swelling and bruises.

There's still a bit of brusining on my shins and back of knee and my original bandages are doing OK.

I was able to walk without crutches as well!


No comments: